Sunday, May 15, 2011

My Face Routine

Here is what I do for my face routine, mostly on a daily basis. If I am going to work, I generally skip the concealer because it tends to come off quicker. I don't know if it is because my skin is oily or what.

First step is I cleanse and moisturize my face. Most of the time I use The Body Shops "Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream". It's a gel consistency and goes on really smooth. I really like the smell of it and it does a pretty good job of keeping my face matte throughout the day.

I was using a primer for a while (Rimmel Fix and Perfect) but I didn't find that it kept my makeup in place any longer than just going straight to my foundation, so I skip that step now. For foundation, I've been using Revlon ColorStay (combo/oily) in 180 Sand Beige. I would say this is a medium coverage foundation, with potential for full coverage. I'm not looking for a completely flawless finish, just more something to even out my skin tone and cover obvious spots. For me, Revlon ColorStay does the trick.

Next step is concealer. I used MUFE Camo Cream Concealer palette (No. 1). I don't use concealer on a daily basis as I stated above. It tends to be a waste of time because I only wear makeup to work and when I'm going out. At any rate, I used some for the video. I use the peach shade under my eyes and I set that with Benefit's Powderflage (using my 224 or C412 brush). I use the darkest of the concealer shades to cover any obvious spots that my foundation didn't cover.

To set my foundation I use Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Sand (0-1 Medium) using my ELF Complexion Brush (I have two, one for powder and one for blush). I just swirl my brush in the powder and blend it around my face and a little down my neck.

For blush I tend to lean towards more natural shades. I've been using Peach from NYX for a while now. Before that I was using Peach Sorbet from Rimmel. I also use MACs Melba. I don't use frosty or shimmery blushes because I don't want to emphasize the appearance of my pores. I apply my blush with my ELF Complexion Brush.

The final step in my face routine is to either use a setting spray or a finishing spray. I have been using a sample size of Urban Decay's All Nighter spray. I'm not sure if I want to spend $29 on the full-size yet. I mostly use that when I go to work. If I don't use that I use MACs Fix+ to decrease the powdery-ness. I also run my other duo fiber brush over my face while it's still damp.

I know my skin isn't perfect, but I'm not looking for a completely flawless look either. The thing that bothers me the most is how uneven my skin tone is. I get pretty red around my nose and cheeks and like I said, Revlon ColorStay evens my skin tone out, and most of the time lasts all night at work.



Hope this helps and let me know what you think! :)



~Taime~

No comments:

Post a Comment