Friday, May 27, 2011

My Skincare Routine

This is a constantly evolving process as I am still trying to find what works for me. The steps stay the same, it's just the products that change (unless I really like it/them). Currently I use my Neutragena Makeup Removing Towlettes (love these) to take off my face makeup and L'Oreal Eye Makeup Remover to take off my....well, eye makeup, using a cotton round.

I then cleanse my face twice, as suggested by petrilude (check him out on youtube....he is wonderful!!). I use half of what I would use and wash my face twice, first to get rid of excess oil/dirt and second to actually cleanse the skin :)

After this, I pat my skin dry, don't rub just pat. I then apply my toner, which right now is The Body Shop's Seaweed Clarifying Toner and I apply this to my entire face with a cotton round, or a cotton ball.

While my skin is still slightly damp I apply my moisturizer. Since I have oily/combo skin, I apply it sparingly to my face. Applying my moisturizer while my skin is still damp helps it to just glide on and I don't have to tug my skin while I'm spreading it. For moisturizers I switch off between LUSH's Enymion and Clean 'n Clear's Dual Action Moisturizer (I used this in the video). I am also trying out The Body Shop's Vitamin E Eye Cream. I apply a tiny dot of this to each eye and blend in with my ring finger.

If I need to, this is when I apply my Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. Take these steps and apply them to your skin type. Even if you have the same skin type you have to find what works for you. I am still hunting for better stuff, but this will work for now.

Don't forget to check out my YouTube Channel: uniscore1 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment