Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tiger Lilly Inspired Makeup


Tiger lilies are one of my favorite flowers. Not only are they beautiful, but they just bring back good memories for me. I hope you enjoy my interpretation of this beautiful flower on the eyes :)

For my face, I used everything from my previous post "My Face Routine". I filmed both of these videos the same day.

Eyes:
UDPP
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil - Milk
Makeup Forever No. 2 (matte yellow)
Makeup Forever No. 18 (matte orange)
Dark matte brown from 88 original palette
Matte black from 88 original palette
MAC - Soft Brown
Matte white from 88 original palette
NYX Ultra Pearl Mania Pigments - Yellow, Orange, Walnut
MAC - Feline Eye Kohl
L'oreal Lineur Intense - Carbon Black
Covergirl Lashblast Waterproof Mascara - Very Black
Ardell - Demi Luvies false eyelashes
Duo adhesive - Dark tone

Lips:
Revlon ColorBurst l/g - Sunset Peach

I "de-potted" my NYX pigments from the little jars they come in to a 5 gram jar. This is easier for me, but also more dangerous because it is easier to spill the pigments EVERYWHERE...lol. To add the NYX Pearl Mania Pigments to the lower lash line, I sprayed some MAC Fix+ into the lid of the pigment, got the brush wet and dipped it gently into the pigment. I then swirled the pigment in the lid to blend the liquid and pigment together. You DO NOT have to use Fix+. You can use water (which I have before and it worked just fine) or eye drops (like Visine or Clear Eyes).

The pigments themselves are nice and shiny alone, but "foiling" them makes the color pop that much more :)

Hope you all enjoy this look. Video will be posted tomorrow :)

In the meantime you can check out my other videos: uniscore1's YouTube






No comments:

Post a Comment